Friday, July 28, 2006

Las Vegas - Hand of the Week

8-16 at the Wynn, and its a real good game.
Bought in for one rack of $2 chips and have doubled it so far. Have a very neat 10 stack triangle (with some strays on top) in front of me.

Guy to my left is telling me that his records show he loses the first 3 weeks of every month and then wins it all back in the fourth week -- every month. Local across the table from me will bet EVERY time you check to him. Tourist on tilt to my right -- playing most every hand and into his pocket for more 100s three times now. I love the Wynn.

On the button and pick up Aces. 6 limpers to me. Thats Right ---- 6! I raise, the small blind folds, all others call. The raise here is not going to get anyone out. Its just to get more $ in the pot. I'm probably only going to win this pot about 25% of the time, but I "probably" do have the best hand preflop.

Flop is 7 8 T rainbow. All check to the tilter on my right, who bets. Perfect! I get to raise and face the field with cold calling TWO bets. Now my raise is to thin the field. Should get all the 4 and 5 out draws to fold. I am feeling very confident right now.

The big blind now checkraises (a double!) and all fold back to the tilter who calls. Yow -- a three-bet checkraise. Thats a pretty strong hand.

So, I fold the Aces for only one more small bet.


ITEMS OF INTEREST:

After the checkraise, do I have 2 outs or NO outs to win this hand?

I made a raise and then folded on the same betting round. Kinda rare.

Raised preflop to get more $ in pot, then raised on flop to thin the field. Odd

Look how the hand changed in value so suddenly. From -- top of the world raising on flop, know exactly whats going on. To --my hand is sawdust after the checkraise.

Many players will probably say that the pot odds are there to call the flop raise for one more small bet and try to spike an Ace on the Turn. Thats probably true -- ok ok, lets do the math. 16 small bets preflop plus 8 more on the flop, so I am getting 24 to 1 for one more call for a two outer at 23 to 1. However --- if I do hit it, it may still lose. And, I'll have to pay two more big bets to be shown some 9 6 or J 9 by the big blind. Plus the 5 other preflop limpers should make me think the Aces are more likely to be in the muck than the 9's, 6's and J's.

It was an easy fold for me. Your comments are welcome.

2 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its possible you have 5 outs if he has some janky 2 pair. What is your read on the checkraiser? You're getting like 25-1 for a peel. If the turn is an A, you can safely call 1 BB in hopes of hitting a boat on the river and getting a nice raise in, possibly hitting both of them with 2 bets.

Even if you give him J9 or 96, I think you still peel here.

-Kidd

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Abe said...

Thanks JK,

I think a lot of people will agree with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home