Monday, July 24, 2006

LV Local -- angle shot

Las Vegas Locals make money from tourists. Sometimes its because they play better.

I'm in big blind with 9 8 s and call a raise from a Local in late position.
Flop is J T x and I check and call his bet.
Turn is a 7. I check, he bets, I raise and he calls.
River is another x. I bet out and he says; "I call".

I look at him and turn over my hand. He says something under his breath and throws his cards face down into the muck and tells the dealer to push me the pot.

I keep looking at him. Dealer starts to push me the pot. I say; "Wait!"

Do you see whats missing? Local never actually put his chips in the pot on the River. I have seen this move before -- even in St Louis poker rooms. Its usually intentional by the player. Can be an oversight by the dealer (especially with the misdirection) or sometimes the dealers just know who tips them all year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home