Monday, November 20, 2006

Hand of the Week -- needs a title.

First lets describe the hand, then we'll talk about comments, themes and titles.

I'm in a loose limit holdem game with black 8's in mid position. Two limpers to me, I call, the button calls and the big blind raps.

5 small bets in pot, 5 players see flop of; 9d 8d 2h. Blind and first limper checks, second limper bets, I call, button raises, blind and first limper fold, second limper and I call.

11 small bets in pot, 3 players see turn of; 7d Limper checks, I check, button bets, and both call.

8 big bets in pot, 3 players see the river of, 2s. Limper checks, I check, button bets, limper calls, I checkraise, and the button RE-Raises. Limper folds and I call.

Hand Play Comments:
--Pre-flop, an optional play is a raise to drive out the button and the blinds and play vs the limpers with position.
--On flop, there should be lots of draws in play. I'm just going to wait till the large bet round and if a brick falls, then bet or raise. Button raise spoils my plan, but looks like a flush or straight draw.
--Turn is a "death card" putting a straight, flush and straight flush up. I go into check-call mode, and expect to on the river also.
--River pairs the board - HA! Back to my original plan. I checkraise (very rude) and then get RE-raised. A reraise of a checkraise usually signals a very strong hand, and theres lots of hands that beat my 88822: straight flushes, quad 2's and 99922. But, she could have 2's full or even a big flush. So, I call it.

Results: Button shows 99. My first "set over set" loser this year. I was beat the whole hand. I was "drawing dead -- and got there".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home