Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tilters in Vegas

Sure ran into a lot of people on TILT in the games in Las Vegas last week. More than usual. Maybe its the WSOP or maybe the heat got to them.

15-30 Holdem at the Wynn. A very active game. Theres an older local Jewish guy at the other end of the table playing very aggressively. Then he loses a couple hands and goes bonkers. Raises almost every hand and street. Blows thru 600-800, and is down to a handful of chips. Cusses the guy who beat him on the last hand and leaves. The player next to me has seen this all before and tells me; "Yeah, when Lanny gets stuck, he can really steam."

8-16 Mixed Game at the Wynn. A young asian hottie sits next to me and has lots of chips. Very pretty girl, but a big mouth barker. Likes to yap at the players she is in a hand with. Sometimes mixes languages and is not understandable. She too plays almost every hand, flings her chips into pot -- gamble gamble gamble. I finally get to play a hand with her:
TD2-7 and I am in bb with an 86532. She open limps,button raises, and I 3bet. All call.
I am pat, she draws 3, button draws 2. I bet, she raises, button folds, I 3 bet and she calls.
I am pat and she draws 1. I bet and she calls.
I am pat and she draws one. I bet and she cusses me in two unknown languages, then folds and throws her cards.

3-6 at the Mirage. A very quiet polite game except for one young guy at the other end of the table. He is real nice too, but is straddling, raising etc etc. Another young guy comes over and talks with him, then leaves and comes back. I see his t-shirt and its from Uof I. So I tell them; "No kidding? You guys are from Uof I? The way you play, I thought you were from Skandanavia." Everyone thinks this is funny except the young guy. Then an older guy (my age) sitting next to me leans over and says the two young guys are his sons. And yes, he does play a little too wild.

4-8 at the Rio (Wsop side games) An oddball game. Two or three good (tight and aggressive) players and a few terrible players. New player comes to the table 2 seats to my right and plays every hand. EVERY HAND! Never made a raise, and rarely bet out. Just stayed in and called. Always saw the flop, usually stayed further with any draw, pair or overcards. Now (as usual) he won some pots with funny holdings. The good players all shut up and the bad players told him how bad he was. "How could you call with that?" He won some pots and was in the game for over an hour before he lost his rack of chips and left. Heres the funny part ---- he never talked to anyone. Was not friendly or talkative at all. Quiet, sullen, frowning. Just played every hand, lost his chips, and left.

So -- theres my four tilters for this trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home